Thursday, April 28, 2011

Poppy & GongGong Visit.....Silver Falls State Park

I know, I KNOW!  I'm sooooo behind on blogging.  I'll do my best to catch-up!

Last Thursday night, we were so excited to have Peter's folks (Poppy & GongGong) come to visit!!!  They made the drive over from Washington and we were so glad.  We ate a new recipe (chicken enchilada ring) for dinner and it was really good.  It was just good to catch up.

Friday, Peter had to work but we were able to enjoy the nice day and took a beautiful walk at the local Christian school up the hill from where we live.  It was a low key afternoon and then we headed to our church to attend a Passover Sedar dinner.  Peter and I have done a sedar a few times before but it was fun to share it with our whole church and parents, and was really fun (despite having to entertain Benjamin!)  Benjamin did pretty good but was a little "off".  He ended up waking up at midnight later with a fever, poor guy.  Mama didn't mind holding him for awhile, but I wished he was feeling better.

Saturday was just gorgeous outside.  We packed up a lunch and headed to a state park we've been to before that's about 45 minutes from us, Silver Falls State Park.  We wanted to take a different route at the park then we'd done before, there's a total of 10 waterfalls in the park and last time they were here, we saw the first 3, I think.  Anyway, it was just beautiful out and it was so nice to enjoy the day together.  Benjamin loooooved being outside and I think it was really good for him to get some fresh air.  Here's an insane amount of pictures, but I want to remember everything :-)

 two of my favorite people!!
 the park is just so pretty!
 Peter got the most exercise lugging around the 28 pound little man! :-)
 I loved seeing the signs of spring.....finally!
 wish you could hear the soundtrack of the beautiful water!
 Klingler boys hiking along!
 this waterfall was sooo loud!
 such power!
 you're actually able to walk behind 2 different waterfalls in this park, it's really fun
 photo op behind the falls!
 you can see the walking trail behind the falls where you're able to go
 my little family :-)
 SO pretty
 there's definitely not a bad angle in this park!
 I could just stare at him all day long, I love my little guy!
 chow time!  Benjamin was a wee bit distracted, ha!
 freedom from the backpack.....run!!!
 sweet boy
 teaching Benjamin to not hate walking in the grass
 my handsome hubby
 unfortunately, Benjamin had no fear and nearly walked right into the water several times.  I'm sooo in for it!
 what mom?  I'm a good swimmer, I promise!
 trying to get Ben to throw rocks in the water.  He just took off the other direction with the rocks in his hands as though he had the greatest present ever!  Funny :-)
 he was loving all the extra attention :-)
We finished with a little extra playtime at the park before heading home for the evening.

We enjoyed dinner and a new show they introduced us to that evening once we got home.  I helped a girl from our EPIC group with studying for the math portion of her GED test so it was a bit of a late night for me.  Boy, oh boy, I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore, ha!  We all headed to bed to get some rest before waking up to celebrate the day our precious Savior rose from the dead!!!

More to come, soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...