Friday, April 29, 2011

A bit more randomness

Okay, I think I'm almost caught up with blogging, so here's the last of the randomness that has been our week.

Monday was low key because Peter's Dad wasn't feeling really well and the weather was kind of dreary.  The boys mowed the yard and almost finished building our first raised flower bed while the girls cleaned house a little bit, did laundry, etc.  We were going to go out to eat that evening but decided instead to stay in and watch a movie together.  They ended up still leaving Tuesday morning despite our best efforts to get them to stay longer(just teasing, we know you needed to get home!)  Benjamin just had a blast chasing his Poppy with a lightsaber all around the living room, and forcing GongGong to read book after book.  Though I'm pretty sure they both didn't mind at all.


Tuesday afternoon I cleaned up the house, then went with our EPIC group to the Silver Ring Thing.  It's an organization promoting abstinence in teens and although there were some parts of the show that I felt weren't entirely appropriate or genuine, there were parts that were really great and the Gospel was really clearly presented.  I know that it gave our girls a lot to think about and I pray that God uses that night to open dialogue between our girls and that they will choose to remain pure before the Lord, and for some of them, choose to know the Lord personally and accept his forgiveness in their lives.

Wednesday I celebrated with one of the girls in EPIC because she passed her GED math test!  Nothing says celebration like Mexican food and an afternoon at the park so that's what we did.  She came to hang out with me for the rest of the afternoon so I taught piano lessons then we just hung out until small group that night. 

Yesterday I wasn't feeling great, I think I've caught a bit of the cold Benjamin has had so we ventured out to Safeway for milk and fruit, but vegged most of the rest of the day.  Benjamin has been napping SO much lately because I think he's growing and getting over a bit of a bug.  On Tuesday morning he was acting tired so I asked him if he wanted to go night night at 9:30am and he ran to the stairs!  It was hilarious.  He slept hard and I had to wake him up 2 hours later for our lunch date.  Wednesday he was acting tired and when I was changing his diaper, I asked him if he wanted to go night night and he very clearly said "YES!"  I thought it was a fluke so I asked him again and he very clearly said "YES!"  So I put him down and he slept 2 hours and 45 minutes.  Craziness!!!  He must just need the extra sleep right now.  He's soooo stinkin cute while he's sleeping.

out cold!

Tomorrow our girls group is doing the High Ropes course at Tadmor, the christian camp nearby.  I'm a wee bit nervous because me and heights don't mix but it should be fun and I'll be home right after lunch.  One of the girls in our group is staying the night with us so that'll be fun.  I'm definitely feeling like God is really working in our girls and I'm excited to be able to be used by Him in it all.

Tonight we're having a stay at home date night I think maybe with a movie?  We'll have to see what we can find....I know the new Narnia is out on DVD, so maybe that one?

Oh yeah, I just decided yesterday to make a last minute trip to San Diego!!!!  I'm leaving next Saturday for a week and I am SOOOO excited to see these little munchkins....

I haven't met baby Mandy yet and I'm really looking forward to it.  Benjamin is going to have an absolute BLAST playing with his cousins, I can't wait to hang out some with Anita while Nate's gone, and yeah, the San Diego sunshine isn't bad either :-)

So am I caught up?  I think so!  Life just seems to be at a fast pace right now, but life is just really good.  I also think my parents are buying a house which is insane and means we'll probably make a trip at the end of the month to help them move.  SO excited!!! 

Here's my cutie in his Ohio State t-shirt (Thanks Aunt Jen!!!)
I have a strong feeling he really might be a lineman in the future :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...