Monday, May 14, 2012

$5 Burger

I was so excited to open my mailbox inbox this morning and see a coupon from Red Robin to get any of their burgers for just $5!  I thought it'd be a great idea for dinner, and a late celebration dinner for Mother's Day.  Peter agreed so we made it our plan.  And it was really nice to not have to worry about dinner when my afternoon consisted of Jonah diaper blowouts, Jonah not napping, Benjamin waking Jonah up from his short nap by opening the door to his room and crawling into his crib, Benjamin touching the movies (yet again!), and Benjamin playing in the toilet.  Try not to be too jealous.

I got everything ready and when Peter got home we took off.  I actually closed my eyes on the drive there because I was feeling so sleepy.  But the idea of a yummy burger was enough to wake me up.  We headed inside Red Robin, sat in our booth, and got our waters.  Benjamin was coloring while we decided which burger we wanted.  I settled on a bacon cheeseburger and when our waitress came back to take our order, I told her we had the $5 burger coupon.  She looked a little confused, but I just showed her the print out you were supposed to bring.  She looked at it and said, "um, this is for Applebees."

I think my heart stopped for a second.  I looked at the print out and sure enough, the waitress wasn't lying (which was soooo likely to begin with right?).  The deal was at Applebees.  Now I wish I could say it wasn't obvious in the ad and I somehow legitimately confused the restaurants but no, this is the email I printed....

Yeah, it kinda clearly says Applebees....several times.

The next couple of seconds consisted of me turning beet red, telling the waitress I obviously needed a nap, and us packing up to head to Applebees.  No, I have NO SHAME and wanted my $5 burger.  It was just across the street.  We went, we ate really tasty $5 burgers and went home.  And I now have further proof that I am getting older, still have blonde roots, and reeeeaaalllly need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...