Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year!  My boys (and Peter) made me feel very loved and appreciated!

They decorated with this sweet card/sign...


It's hilarious because Peter always traces my boys' bums for me because I think it's so cute.  At some point, it won't be so cute....and then as my boys get older they'll probably start to think it's funny again and will want to do it on their own.  Ha ha ha!


I was also given a voucher for a massage and facial at a fun spa in Portland!  Peter also made the most adorable little video compiling video footage we have taken of Benjamin and Jonah the past 2 years.  It ended with footage of them acting crazy and cute in the bathtub and telling Mommy how much they loved me.  It was really sweet and I so much appreciated it.

We enjoyed a great church service, then we combined with our Hispanic congregation for a yummy lunch they provided.  The carne asada was amazing!!  It was delicious and we didn't have to fight crowds or deal with cranky boys at a restaurant.

Benjamin took a great nap, Jonah didn't, so therefore we didn't nap.  But we enjoyed the afternoon playing with Jonah in his new toy, the exersaucer.
 but first, a little reading
 and Daddy having fun with stickers....



We ate dinner, then loaded up the boys for a walk to go enjoy a tasty treat!


We enjoyed our frozen yogurt, so great!



Jonah slept through it all ;-)

Then on the way home, we stopped at the park despite it being close to bedtime.  And I'm so glad we did.  It was such a beautiful evening and we just enjoyed our boys.  I took a gazillion pictures but I couldn't help it, my boys are kinda cute.
 he is climbing on everything!

 STOP. GROWING. UP..........NOW!
 loooving the blue skies


 we're getting closer to being able to get brother shots!


 love his goofy personality
 I.AM.GOING.TO.EAT.HIM.UP
 melts my heart
 oh my goodness, he is so handsome
 I can't believe he's mine!

 this shot just captures who Benjamin is.  Joyful, ornery and always on the go. 
 there is not a cuter 2 year old planet on this earth
 so sweet!  (I didn't even notice the matching shorts when I first went through these photos, love it!)
aaah, the feet of summer.  We're hoping to see a lot of these toesies on lots of walks this summer!


Sometimes I just stare into the eyes of my sweet boys and I feel as though my heart is going to burst.  Hearing them laugh so hard they snort, watching them burst with pride when they learn something new, knowing I'm the person they want when they need comfort cuddles....it is THE most wonderful earthly gift and I am so so so grateful I get to be their Mama.


 Seriously?  I get to be THEIR Mama?  Goodness I'm blessed


Oh, and to my own Mom.....you're ridiculously amazing and I want to be like you when I grow up!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...