Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Death by Chocolate Cake

Our church has a group going on a missions trip to Ecuador for the second year in a row this summer.  There are two girls in our EPIC group going this year and one went last year so I'm super excited and proud of them!

They did a chili dinner/pie auction fundraiser this past weekend and I volunteered to make a dessert for the auction.  I had seen this amazing looking Death by Chocolate cake on another blog written by a gal named Robyn and I knew I'd need an excuse to make it some day.  Ironically she made it for a missions trip fundraiser too!  It turned out pretty good considering I am not a fancy baker at all and OH MY did it look tasty.  Unfortunately I didn't get to eat it because it was bid on (I think it went for $140) and I thought it might be awkward to bid on my own cake?  Mine didn't turn out quite as cute as Robyn's but her blog has all the step by step info here: 
http://reallifepastorswife.blogspot.com/2012/01/death-by-chocolate-cake.html  It's kind of fun that I got inspiration from someone who lives in my area but that I don't know personally but yet I've read her blog and you kind of feel like you know them a bit?  Anyway, she obviously loves chocolate so she's gotta be cool :-)





I sure do LOVE chocolate and would LOVE an excuse to make this again....preferably an excuse that would allow me to take a slice this time :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, WOW! That is quite a showstealer of a cake! I may have to find an excuse to make this sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...