Monday, June 25, 2012

A bit about me

Blogging is such a fun way to get a peek into the lives of so many different kinds of people.  It's still crazy that I read the blogs of gals I don't even know, and that there's been people who have read my blog who don't know me in real life.  I just love seeing how other families do life, finding tips and tricks and new ideas.  So I'm linking up with Jenna's blog for her comment challenge.  Her topic for today's post is to share a bit about yourself so here goes....

Hi!  I'm April.  I'm a 28 year old gal who was born in Cailfornia, lived most of her life in Iowa, and now is back in the Northwest living in Oregon.  I live a life far better than what I deserve and am covered in the saving grace of Jesus.  I've been married for 7 1/2 years to my best friend Peter.  He is super easy going, I'm a bit emotional.  He's hard working and single focused, I thrive when I'm multi-tasking.  He's a bit introverted, I'm a bit extroverted.  We both love the outdoors, sports, coffee, traveling, good food and being with family.  I'm a happy wife :-)


Together, we also have two adorable boys!  Benjamin is 2 and Jonah is 5 months. 
Benjamin: spunky, strong willed, smart, articulate, loud, energetic
Jonah:  back, cuddle bug, goofy, a bit of a temper, curious, observant

They've taught me the joy of immediate, unconditional love.  I worked as an Executive Assistant before I had Benjamin, but now have my dream job taking care of them at home.  We spend a lot of days in our pjs, I change a lot of diapers, and use a lot of OxiClean.  It's not always glamorous, in fact, it rarely is.  But I also play a lot of chase games, work a lot of puzzles, color a lot of shapes, have a lot of tickle fests, sing a ton of silly songs, play at a lot of parks and give lots of kisses and squeezes.  Even on its worst days, it's still my favorite thing in the world, I love being a mom.

We don't have any pets even though Peter is a huge dog lover.  So is Benjamin.  Me...not so much.  Peter would love a lab or a golden retriever, but I'm thinking that my hands are pretty full at the moment.  Sorry babe :-)

Thanks for reading, looking forward to checking out some new blogs this week!

10 comments:

  1. Visiting from Jenna's Journey! Your boys are adorable!!! Anxious to read more =)

    http://www.johannahsirois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Jenna's! Nice to meet you! The boys are so cute! We have 3 dogs and a baby. Not so much fun!

    www.herecomesthehuman2011.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are just precious!!

    Stopping by from Jenna's Journey's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little boys are so adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll add yours to my reader and look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog . . . I'm looking forward to reading more of yours, since it looks like our kiddos will be about the same as far as how far apart they are! Maybe you can give me some pointers on the whole two-kid-thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Cool. Both of our firsts are named Benjamin! I am a little jealous that you are going to San Diego! We love San Diego. We took our Benny boy there while I was pregnant with Sully as Ben's last family trip as the three of us. Have so much fun, I cannot wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the comment challenge! I am also a mom of two boys and love every minute of it.

    ronnieandmorgan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! The boys are adorable! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your boys are super cute! I LOVE having 2 boys. Never thought that is what God would give me, but he surprised me yet again. Love reading your blog and hope to read more.

    ourlifegodhands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...