Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 3: Social Media

I'm afraid my post concerning social media isn't going to be very exciting, at least in comparison to be riveting posts about our trips to Wal-Mart and the park!

Because you see, my cellphone is well....a prepaid, no frills, actually used as a phone, phone.  Kinda just makes those fun apps like Twitter, Instagram, etc non-existant in my world.  And that's okay, iphones fascinate me but I'm about 99% sure they would confuse me.  If our budget would ever allow, I'm sure that confusion would quickly turn into fun obsession and I would be converted, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I have recently entered the world of Pinterest though.  I have found so many new dessert recipes or toddler craft ideas.  And I recently tried my hand at some DIY artwork.

You can read more about that HERE

I think husbands must have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest.  Love that they can work on their own stuff in the evening because we're content to be frantically pinning "inspiration" for every aspect of our lives.  Hate the fact that their honey-do list triples thanks to that "inspiration". 

As far as websites that I love, there are a few.  I love craigslist.  We have found so many pieces of furniture, baby gear, gifts, etc from sellers on the site.  I recently found a used-once Kindle touch for $50 as a bday gift for Peter and he uses it all the time.

I also love amazon.  Living in a small town gives very little selection on gifts so I buy almost all of them via amazon.  We even buy our diapers from them.  They are delivered to your door.  And with the Prime discount and Mom discount it makes for some pretty cheap Pampers.  Which is good when you have 2 boys in diapers.  And did I mention they deliver to your door?  Awesome.

I also love hulu.com for watching shows when I have a free moment since we don't have cable.  I used to check people.com for all the silly celebrity stuff but I found myself checking it too often and getting sucked into the false reality of that world, so I haven't checked the site at all this year as a personal goal/discipline.  I need to get back into the routine of using swagbucks.com because those extra amazon gift cards were awesome.  When it comes time for grocery shopping I usually check a few couponing sites to see if there's any great deals.  I don't have the time to coupon consistently but I always check for deals on our staples.  I like thekrazycouponlady.com, thriftyandthriving.com, and frugrallivingnw.com.

Wow, if you actually read this post, I'm sorry for stealing those 2 minutes of your life.  Basically I'm a gal who has a boring phone, but loves her computer and enjoys kicking back in the evening by watching some online HGTV show or Storage Wars and browsing for deals on craigslist.

Off to enjoy the day, we're supposed to have sunshine (come on Oregon!), so after I teach piano we're off to the park to meet some friends. 

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the comment challenge. Amazon rocks for diapers. Love the delivery! Try Diapers.com and drugstore.com too. With drugstore.com, you get 5% cash back to use on a future purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the phone. The only reason we have smart phones is because my husband HAD to have one. I use it to check Facebook. I could definitely do without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a prepaid phone too, use craigslist alot, and pinterest, and some couponing sites. We also don't have cable. Kind of funny to find someone out there like us:-) Your boys are so handsome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the artwork! I would love to try and make something like that. I need to get a prepaid phone. Our cell bill is entirely too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My name is Rachel and am popping over from Jenna's Journey. Your boys are precious! I do not use that much social media either. Mostly just Facebook but not quite as bad as a lot of FBers. I have yet to get into Pinterest...I am scared of how obsessed I would become lol

    Rachel
    http://rachel-and-brian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for stopping by Little Carrigans and commenting!!

    You are not boring at all...you are actually smart!! It's crazy we spend all this money on social media and it sucks up your time. I am constantly having to check myself just so I don't get out of control!

    Your boys are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...