Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why I Blog

Today is Day 2 of Jenna's Blog Commenting Challenge and the topic of the day is "Why do you blog?"

The short answer:  because I am a horrible scrapbooker.

I am a horrible scrapbooker.  I had a huge piles of books, found great deals on stickers and embellishments, stocked up on the cutest paper.  And it looked amazing sitting in our guest room closet.

Who am I kidding?  All that stuff overwhelmed me, perhaps I'm not as crafty and creative as I thought I was?  I think part of it was how time consuming it all is....the idea that all that stuff will sit out on a card table for days until you find the perfect spot for that adorable little sticker, with all the paper scraps scattered everywhere.  Not ideal for the *tiny* control freak in me.

And yet I love the idea of documenting our lives so we can remember those day to day moments, be able to show our kids the details of their childhoods.  Another huge motivation was finding a way to share those daily moments with the grandparents who live in a different state. 

Enter blogging.

Blogging has provided a way to feel connected with friends and family.  It gives me a simple creative outlet to organize and document life's moments.  A way to process through my thoughts as a wife, mom and woman.  How many times have I remembered to take a photo of something we're doing because it would make a great blog post!  I love having an avenue to remember the frustrations of the days my boys don't nap, my feeble crafting attempts, our date nights (pretty sure we used to have those!), and our low key weekends.  And yeah, I love posting pictures of my adorable little boys.....their Auntie Amanda gets annoyed when I don't post them often enough.

I realize that the majority of my "readers" are family and a few friends in real life, but the amazing thing about blogging is how connected you can feel to someone simply through viewing their pictures and reading about their life.  So if you're reading this and I don't know you, poke around and get a glimpse of our simple but blessed life.  And to the grandparents - Grandfather, Nana, Poppy & GongGong....aren't the boys getting sooo big?  We miss you!
 we love Jonah's giggles
Benjamin's doing his best Oscar the Grouch impression :-)

7 comments:

  1. Stopping by for the comment challenge. "but the amazing thing about blogging is how connected you can feel to someone simply through viewing their pictures and reading about their life" You are so right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are too cute! Enjoyed reading your blog! I blog for similar reasons. It started for the grandparents to see the kids' happenings but then I just love it now for several reasons. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Your boys are cute. Love Oscar the Grouch. I call mine Charlie Brown! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Visiting from Jenna's Journey. I blog too because I am terrible about scrapbooking. Your boys are adorable! It's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I am a terrible scrapbooker! I NEVER like how my pages turn out, and I am especially intimidated because my husband proposed with a scrapbook made by a professional and I know mine will never be that good! Ha!

    I LOVE having a blog to look back on - it is so worth it! It will great for you to watch your adorable boys grow!

    Stopping by from Jenna's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Jenna's! Your boys are so cute! I'm excited to join the world on boys in October. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...