Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Mishmash

First of all, is mishmash even a word?  I'm not sure, but it sounds cool.  We enjoyed a nice weekend but I really wish we could have 2 more days, it just seems to fly by.  I watched my friend's kiddos on Friday because she wasn't feeling well, and that evening we went to our friend Elijah's baseball game.  Benjamin had reeeaaallly been wanting to go and it was extra perfect because our friends, the Schumachers, were in town from Portland and were going to be there too!  I love any chance to get to talk to Heather and see her adorable family (I'm still kinda mad at you for moving Heather!)  :-) 

Anyway, we had a picnic for dinner, watched Elijah win his game and ended the evening loading up the kiddos into the car after being dumped on with rain while they were playing on the playground.  The weather was so weird that day.  I'm also weird because I left my camera in the car and didn't get a picture, argh!

Saturday morning I made waffles and we were lazy until we packed up to go watch our town's Strawberry Parade.  Not the most exciting parade in the world that's for sure, but Benjamin was pumped.  He hated the noisy firetruck sirens in his face, but looooved the tubas and trumpets in the marching bands.  That and the candy they threw at him. 



The afternoon was spent with the usual combo of Wal-Mart trips, laziness, and a bit of productivity in there.  You know how it goes...Peter cleans on the fridge, I make a cheesecake, we give the boys a bath....typical Saturday. 
 I realized the boys were both in blue sweats and white shirts
 Jonah's first time in the big tub
 Peter got to cuddle with a very tired Jonah
and I got to cuddle with a sweet Benjamin while watching Thomas

Today was church in the morning, leftovers for lunch, and a hodgepodge of playing with the kids, cleaning out the garage, and giving Benjamin a haircut.  I hate to pay to get his haircut but he is SO wiggly, it almost makes me want to cough up the $12.  In order to get him to cooperate we put on a DVD on the floor so he looks down when we need him to.  He is getting so big by the way, I really want him to stop growing up, I just adore this age and want time to freeze even if he is a stinker.



Jonah is just growing and developing like crazy too, its so fun to watch.  What's not so fun?  Getting up multiple times at night because he's in the middle of what I think is his 4 month growth spurt.  Sleep really is completely off my radar and its kind of depressing.  But he's cute, and I love him....even at 3am, and again at 5:30am.



It's going to be a full week so I'm trying to enjoy the last bit of weekend.  But Monday is a'comin whether I like it or not so here's to having a slice of cheesecake and some cuddle time with the hubby.

1 comment:

  1. Good little mishmash...I say it counts as a word! It was great to get to see you and spend some time together, I love how normal it is to be together, and crazy that it's been two years!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...