Friday, June 29, 2012

Show Us Your Life - Benjamin & Jonah's Rooms

This week's room on Kelly's Show Us Your Life Series is kids room & nurseries.  I love the idea of "capturing" on the blog what my boys' rooms looked like, I wish I had detailed pictures of each of the rooms I grew up in, it'd be fun to look back on.

So here's a peek into Jonah's nursery:
 crib is from ToysRUs.  I'm sooo glad we didn't get a crazy expensive one because it's full of "character" teeth marks from Benjamin!
 I love this recliner, we bought it new before Ben was born.  I spend lots of time here!
 valance is from Wal-Mart.  We also use a roller shade behind our blinds to help block out extra light
 I love this dresser.  It's solid wood, provides sooo much storage and I love having the mirror on top, the boys have so much fun.  The best part is that we found it at a local thrift shop for $40, score!
 we found this bookshelf off craigslist and right now it's just full of random knick knacks that are often rearranged by the older brother!
 this quilt came with his bedding set so I hung it as "art"
 I found these wooden animals at JoAnn Fabrics, glued them to hooks, then sewed ribbon loops to the quilt so I could hang them in a cute way
 love this super deep, 2 drawer storage from IKEA, it fits perfect under the crib
sweet blocks from our baby shower spelling my little guys name


Now, here's a peak into Benjamin's "big boy" room.  This room was previously our guest room and actually becomes our guest room again when we have out of town guests.  I trid to make it a cute, little boy room without being too "annoying" since it serves as both rooms.
 we had the white quilt on the bed while it was a guest room and it still works in his room now (its from Target)
 this used to be a mirror that I found at a garage sale, but I covered the mirror with fun fabric, then painted wood planes & stars from Michaels and glued them in each section
 bookshelf from Goodwill for $5 that used to be pink but I painted it white.  Lampshade from Target and lampbase from garage sale.  I thought putting books in Ben's room would encourage him to read in the morning and let us sleep longer.....ha ha ha, what a dream that was.  Why oh why does he wake up between 6 and 6:30.
 collection of frames from Goodwill that I painted white, his B-E-N letters brought over from his nursery now hanging on the shelf
 lots of pics of family and friends
 all the trucks in the frames were cutouts from Olive Kids that I bought on ebay.  I made a matte of scrapbook paper and it made for super cheap artwork!  The sunshine printable is off pinterest, it's the song I always sing to my boys at bedtime
 alphabet printable off of pinterest.  I need to re-print it though since I resized it incorrectly.
 sorry the picture is crooked.....shelf is from a garage sale, and all the vehicles are from the Dollar Spot at Target
 little end table with one of my fav pictures of the boys....one of the first moments Benjamin went over on his own to talk sweetly to Jonah during our first days home from the hospital
 more Olive Kids cutouts in an IKEA frame leftover from the old guest room decor
 I love this wooden verse sign.  I might get new curtains for this room eventually, these were used in the guest room
 Benjamin looooves this Olive Kids Transportation sheet set that I got for a steal on ebay.  I do too, they're so cheerful and have all of his favorites
 dresser with pictures of some of his cousins and his grandparents
green frame of vehicle scrapbook paper, leftover boat art from the guest room that's actually been replaced.....I found some Thomas the Train wallpaper at a garage sale so I cut out the adorable Thomas, Percy and James trains and put them in a white frame.  Benjamin says goodnight to them every night so I think it was a hit :-)  I'd take a picture of it but he's napping right now and there's no way I'm interrupting that, ha!

We definetly don't have fancy decorations and I'm not super creative, but we love our boys' rooms.  I will always look at these pictures and remember reading stories on Benjamin's bed each night surrounded by trains and dump trucks.  And remember rocking Jonah in our comfy brown chair and pointing out all the animals on his quilt to him. 

Can't wait to see other kids rooms today!



5 comments:

  1. Sweet boys room! That recliner looks super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the color! You have beautiful children's rooms.

    Stopping by from Jenna's!

    brittanyanddenver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your boys' rooms (and their names too)!

    Sorry the potty training link didnt work,
    It is the 3-day potty training by Lora Jensen (you can google it).
    I really like the content of it. #2 takes much longer to master for both of my kids but #1 they got really well using this method. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks so much, I appreciate your help! I'm kind of dreading the whole process but I know its time.

      Delete
  4. These are awesome rooms. I love all the framed cutouts and printables. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...