Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 4: Hobbies & Free Time

Today's topic for the Comment Challenge is all about your hobbies and stuff you like to do in your free time.

I sometimes debate in my mind what I would do if I had 24 hours without kids, responsibilities, etc.  Part of me thinks it would be glorious to sleep in, and watch HGTV while eating ice cream in between naps.  The other part of me would love to go Par 3 golfing with my hubby, eat HOT food in a nice restaurant, go for a long drive, and stay out really late at an adorable coffee shop playing Scrabble.  Please, please, please grandparents move closer so at least one of these dreams could be reality??

Okay, back to my hobbies and things I enjoy during free time.  I like lists so I think I shall make one.

1)  playing piano - I've done it since 2nd grade and I love it.  Not being able to play would be devastating

2)  playing basketball - I'm not great but I have long "ape" arms as my family likes to call them which help block shots.  I only watch men's college basketball, in particular during March Madness

3)  garage sales - my Dad got me hooked on these.  You can find the most amazing deals.  Yes, there is a lot of junk too but you quickly learn how to "drive by" those kind of sales and find some great deals.  I buy nearly all of my boys clothes at garage sales and have recently found some great deals like Ikea bookshelves for $1 a piece, Costco garage shelving for $40 (orig. $150), and Children's Place clothing (some still with tags on) for 50 cents a piece.  Going to garage sales is one of my favorite things to do!

4)  Camping/hiking - both Peter and I love to be outdoors and so do our boys. 

5)  Eating out - we don't do it that often since our boys are so young and its kinda crazy keeping them happy and occupied while trying to eat dinner, but I love a good meal.

6)  watching tv - I know how lazy that sounds but I really do enjoy tv.  Which is probably why we don't have cable.  Peter claims its because we can't afford it but I think it's because he enjoys an evening with me without having to guess whether the couple is going to buy House #1, 2 or 3 :-)  I'm really excited to watch the Olympics this summer, I totally get sucked into it and can't stop watching (hooray for being able to get NBC through a little indoor antenna)

7)  Traveling with Peter - I am a great traveler, as long as I get some sleep and am fed.  Peter learned this very early on in our marriage and its helped us survive, ha!  Peter loves to travel and we enjoy getting to spend time together.  Before kids we went to DisneyWorld, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco, and New Hampshire.  Maybe we'll plan another one for our 10th anniversary in a couple of years.

8)  Reading/playing/singing with my boys - Actually, doing just about everything with my boys is my favorite thing.  I absolutely love parenting our sons with Peter....we go to bed most nights just exhausted but with the sweetest smile on our faces because we enjoy our life so much. 

Well, the boys are napping and I need to get a few things done before one of them wakes up so I will leave you with the two reasons why we fall asleep with a smile on our faces each night!

1 comment:

  1. Ridiculously adorable pictures! My husband and I are both a little to in love with TV. We really should cancel our cable service...such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...