Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was pretty low-key for us as a family, but it seemed like it was a nice blend of relaxation and getting things done.  Friday we just ate dinner at home and hung out.  Saturday morning I hit a few garage sales and I scored 2 Ikea bookshelves for $1 a piece.  $1!!!  My super handy hubby is going to cut them a bit so they become built in storage in our closets.  We already have one bookshelf Peter custom cut for the closet in Jonah's nursery and it provides soooo much extra storage, I love it.  So he's going to put one of the shelves into Benjamin's closet and the other on my side of our closet.  Yeah!  Benjamin lucked out when I found a couple fun Thomas the Train items for him at another garage sale. 
 he is just so RIDICULOUSLY cute
this shot is so Benjamin.  Wearing his favorite Thomas trains and jumping

Saturday afternoon the boys took naps while we relaxed.  Then we headed out to buy a few more 50 cent flowers at a local nursery.  I had found a few planters for 50 cents at a garage sale and I spray painted them dark brown and they look great with bright, cheerful flowers.  I forgot to take a picture today but will try to remember to do so tomorrow.  We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening playing outside, planting flowers and vegetables.  Some of my favorite moments lately have been in our backyard, watching our garden grow, kicking the soccer ball with Benjamin, pulling the boys in the wagon.  I'm really enjoying these longer summer days and my sweet boys.


One of the best moments of the weekend was Saturday night.  We had just put Jonah to bed and Peter and I were lying with Benjamin in his bed.  We usually sing a few songs to him before he goes to sleep.  But tonight he wanted to sing with us.  And for the next 10 minutes we sang, all 3 of us.  We sang his current favorite "He's still working on me" a couple times, because everyone that knows Benjamin knows he loves repetition, ha.  We sang "Jesus Loves the Little Children", "The B-I-B-L-E", "My God is so Big" and "Ho-ho-ho-Hosana".  Peter and I smiled from ear to ear as we sang with this precious son of ours and his sweet two year old little voice.  Hearing him sing with such joy about a God who loves him even more than we do as his parents is a pretty amazing thing and one of those simple life moments that will just stay etched in your memory. 

Today we enjoyed a wonderful church service, ate leftovers, relaxed in the afternoon though the boys didn't take great naps.  Peter worked on the bookshelves a bit, we played outside, and Peter watched the 3 Little Pigs with the boys on the Ipad.  I took a few pictures of my boys in the morning before church because they were just so cute together.  Benjamin loves to climb into Jonah's crib after he wakes up and they will talk to each other.  They are adorable brothers.



All that play time must have worn Jonah out because he conked out on the bed while we were getting dressed....

It was a wonderful weekend with lots of time spent as a family.

Here is my new favorite picture of my two boys together. 
I just adore the way Jonah is holding Benjamin's hand.  And the way Benjamin is resting his head on Jonah.  I can't help but smile at these sweet brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...