Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm now 28

Last Saturday, while Pete's folks were here, I had a birthday and turned 28.  Or as my husband who sweeps me off my feet with his sentiments says, "practically 30."  He's just bitter because he hit that milestone already didn't you sweetie....a few years ago.  Ha :-)

I got to spend my birthday at the coast with the most important men in my life...


(check out the previous posts for more coast trip details - I think I've posted 4 times today!)

I was gifted with cards, a garlic press, and a gift card from family.  And Starbucks and chocolate from the hubby (I'm so easy to please!)

On Sunday night we ate some ice cream cake and got to blow out a candle after the traditional birthday song.  Benjamin helped his mama.


 My real present from Peter is the chance to go garage saling for one weekend every year with my best girl friend.  We normally hit up these huge neighborhood sales in the Portland area but seeing as how we both have babies, in particular babies who don't really like bottles, we decided to keep it local.  We actually took our youngest with us for the morning on Friday then dropped them off for the afternoon.  And Saturday we went without them, but took a "feeding break" at the park where our husbands met us with the rest of the kids.  It definitely wasn't as big as the sales we normally hit, but we found quite a few and we scored some fun finds.  Mostly, I just really enjoy hanging out with my friend, sharing life and laughing together while garage saling which is something we both love.  It was an awesome weekend with a wonderful friend.

Peter also gifted me the gift of going into work early so he could get off early and let me go get my hair cut.  I hadn't had a hair cut in 6 months.  Half a year.  It was time.

I was super grateful for a family and friends that made me feel special and loved.  And for a husband who let me have a little "me" time as my gift.  I think this is going to be a great year.......even if it is "practically 30."

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful friend! Sounds like perfect weekend for you! And I love the haircut!
    Happy Birthday late :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...