Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday Randoms

Today was a good day.  The sun was shining, and we are one day closer to the weekend.  I'm not creative enough to come up with a post that doesn't contain bullet points tonight, so here goes....

*  I cannot believe June is almost over.  The summer seemed to creep up on me and it felt like we didn't have big plans.  Now, it seems like we're going to be swamped with crazy, busy fun.  Just like we always seem to do during the summer.  And for the most part, I love it.

*  Still doing the P90X Ab ripper workout.  I could hardly move after Day 2, my entire core throbbed.

*  A small miracle happened today.  Jonah napped for more than 40 minutes in his crib today..........TWICE.  In the morning he napped for 1hr and 20 minutes and in the afternoon he napped for.........drumroll please........2hrs and 45 minutes.  WHAT?!?!?!  I don't know who stole my 40 minute napping baby but oh boy, it was awesome.  Of course, today Benjamin only slept for less than 2 hours....it always works like that doesn't it?  It didn't even matter though, I was just elatated that Jonah slept.  I do realize that I am going to jinx it and tomorrow my blog post will probably sound something like "why, oh why won't my baby sleep.  Please make the screaming stop."  Ha :-)
those eyes and cheeks get me every time

*  Speaking of Benjamin, the kid needs to stop growing.  He's practically in kindergarten and I can't stand it.

his energy level lately is out of control.  The kid doesn't stop.  EVER.

*  I got the cutest video of Peter making Jonah laugh yesterday.  I haven't uploaded it but I'll try to post it soon.  Jonah's giggles are awesome, reminds me so much of Ben.

*  Those brothers are soooo much more into each other lately.  Jonah was talking to Benjamin and he thought it was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing.  And when Benjamin was giving Jonah squeezes (hugs) tonight before bed Jonah was trying to grab him, and grab his head and Ben just laughed and laughed.  Jonah was so intentional about "playing" with Ben and it was really fun to watch.  Watching them interact is such a fun part of parenting!


*  Peter grilled yummy chicken kabobs on the grill tonight, tasty stuff!!

*  I am really looking forward to the Olympics in July.  I will watch them all day long and never tire of it.  It's so fun to watch the best of the best compete.

That's all I got tonight.  I'll leave you with a picture of what our family likes to call a "kiss sandwich"  We sure do eat a lot of 'em in this household :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...